Monday, May 27, 2013

Challenge - Operate in Love


I am a yeller! Yes, you read that right! I can really lose it sometimes! Having three under 6 make me go zombie some days! Some days are real bad and some days are good, I mean real good. At the end of the day, when I 'narrate' my whole day to my husband MJ, some days, he wonders if its the same kids I am talking about. Today happened to be one of those good days! So I sat down to check, why some days are better than others. I think it mostly depended on me, my mood, my attitude, my energy level, the mess around etc. sadly, I could take control of all these and make sure that things are under the banner of love. 



I like challenges and I am a big time result oriented person. So I am taking up a challenge. This challenge is same as no yelling challenge here and here. As much as I would like to say STOP YELLING, I am just like my kiddos who dont like much of 'no'. I phrase everything in this house with no no's. It just works better in this house, and I guess in the habit of saying like that, I like to hear it also that way. 



I am planning to take one day at a time and take up this challenge for 24 hours - easy, peasy!! huh! If you have been to our house as a invisible guest, you will know its a mountain task! So, first things first, I wrote down a declaration for me and my kiddos, took almost all the scripture from, I think, Katie's ( though I cant find it anymore).

  1. Declare the word over myself and children.
  2. I have identified the time I yell more, which is when I sit with Nate to revise. So I am gonna be cautious there and keep saying the word 'Love'
  3. I have broken down our revision time to little chunks, so I am hoping it will be easy on both of us.
  4. Also, eat well, drink water, exercise and keep the house clean before I sit with him.

Wish me good.

-JJ


No comments:

Post a Comment